Austmine is the leading industry body for the Australian Mining, Equipment, Technology and Services (METS) sector. We exist to develop the METS sector and provide growth opportunities and value to our members so they can achieve greater success. We now have over 560 members, reflecting the impressive diversity of METS companies, from major OEMs, contractors and EPCMs, through to SME software, equipment manufacturers, consultancies, technology and support services.
Austmine is proud to celebrate over 30 years of advocating for Australia’s METS sector. In that time, the METS sector has become a key economic driver contributing over $90 billion in gross annual revenue to the country’s prosperity. The Australian METS sector exports over $15 billion of products and services to every corner of the globe, and invests $4 billion in R&D. Australia preserves its leading position as the global innovator in the resources industry.
As the original industry body for Australian METS, Austmine has achieved a number of significant milestones during our existence:
- Creating the now internationally recognised term METS;
- Conducting a major landmark survey to identify the size and economic impact of the sector in 2013;
- Leading missions to many key mining countries around the world and raising international awareness of Australian METS as world-leaders;
- Developing our Austmine biennial conference, which is now the leading global mining innovation event;
- Educating government on the importance of our sector which resulted in METS being recognised as one of five high growth sectors and led to the formation of the METS Industry Growth Centre, now known as METS Ignited.
In the current rapidly changing business environment, we have invested every effort to effectively respond to our members’ needs and ensure a competitive and sustainable future for our industry. This includes investment in new resources, new strategic partnerships and we have strengthened our relationship with the mining industry and government. We have also enhanced our service offering to bring our members better networking opportunities, new contacts and greater support around their marketing and branding.
Services Austmine Provides:
- Connecting our members with miners, researchers and academia
- Raising our members’ profiles and brand awareness across the industry
- Driving strategic conversations with key industry players
- Informing our members of opportunities, both domestically and internationally
- Supporting skills development for the METS and mining workforce of the future
Austmine’s dedicated team consists of 15 experienced employees who have mining, manufacturing, services, international business and management backgrounds. We are located throughout the country in major mining regions, including Newcastle and Mackay, and in most capital cities, with offices in both Sydney and Perth. The Austmine team is supported by a very active Board of Directors, who are industry leaders in their own right, and work to drive and support Austmine's strategic vision.