Austmine Innovation Mentoring Program Round 2: Applications Closed
After a very successful inaugural round, Austmine is pleased to announce that our Innovation Mentoring Program will return in September 2016. This program is unique, being the only mentoring program for individuals dedicated exclusively to the METS sector.
Innovation is critical to the mining equipment, technology and services (METS) industry and will secure the sustainable future of mining. There is a need to foster the next generation of individuals who truly embrace and champion innovation. In response to this need, Austmine has developed the Austmine Innovation Mentoring Program. This second round sees METS Ignited return as Principal Sponsor and we welcome on board Donhad as Gold Sponsor.
The program is designed to shape the numerous skills required for innovators to succeed in today’s fluid market environment. The mentoring sessions will guide participants’ general understanding of innovation, including ideation, strategy, commercialisation and implementation. Personal development, career enhancement and skills growth are the major goals of the program for participants and also for our mentors.
Allan Stabile, Product Engineer - Minerals at Thermo Fisher Scientific participated in the inaugural round of the program and said:
“I chose to take part in Austmine’s inaugural Innovation Mentoring Program as part of my personal and professional development in the mining and mineral processing industry. I am passionate about innovation, but wanted to work on some of my supporting skillsets, such as selling the innovation internally, devising strategy and planning to support innovations and having a customer focus in my innovation. My experience with my mentor has been fantastic! The program has helped me grow and develop within my role and within my wider company, opening up opportunities that would not have occurred otherwise. I am very happy to have been a part of this exciting new program and would urge other young innovators in the industry to get involved!”
- Ian Gibbs, Executive General Manager - Mining, RCR
- Dallas Wilkinson, GM Australia & Global Technology, Minova
- Steve Amor, Principal Technology Development - Sustainability, Anglo American
- George McCullough, Consulting Partner - Energy, Wipro
- Grant Caffery, Manager Technology Scanning, BHP Billiton
- Max Wijasuriya, Vice President - Capital Equipment, Metso
- Jason Nitz, Haulage Superintendent, Newmont Mining
- Brian Campbell, Global Lead Phosphate Centre of Excellence, WorleyParsons
- Alf van Dijk, Director R&D Oceania and South America, Schenck Process Australia
- Stuart Sneyd, EVP, Outotec
Applications are now closed for our second round of the Austmine Innovation Mentoring Program. If you would like to be involved in future rounds of the program, as a mentee, mentor or sponsor, please email Megan Edwards.
A huge thank you to our Program Sponsors:
Principal Sponsor Gold Sponsor