ORB - Significant increase in NPV for Underground Metal Mining Operations
Polymathian's ORB produced strategic mine plans resulting in a 30% increase in NPV compared to “leading” mining software tools
The customer operates one of the world’s largest underground metals stoping mines. Producing detailed and practical long-term mine plans for large stoping operations is an extraordinarily complex planning task.
There are over 80,000 individual tasks that need to be scheduled: 50,000 stoping related tasks and 30,000 development related tasks spanning a mine life exceeding 40 years, and hundreds of constraints that plans needs to conform to, including:
- ventilation restrictions
- waste, rock and paste fill production and fill capacity
- production and development drilling capacity
- production machinery constraints
- other production constraints
- mill tonnage and grade constraints
- resource category constraints
- task dependency and lag timing constraints
FIND OUT MORE IN THE CASE STUDY HERE.