Australia’s National Resources Statement
Australia's national resources statement can be found here.
The Minister for Resources and Northern Australia recently released the National Resources Statement at the Minerals Week Seminar. This statement is the first long-term reform agenda by the Australian Government in twenty years. This reform agenda builds on the findings of the Resources 2030 Taskforce and will help ensure Australia remains a leading resources nation for decades to come.
The statement outlines five areas for action that will help the Australian Government achieve its vision for the sector:
- deliver the most globally attractive and competitive investment destination for resources projects
- open up new industries and resources regions
- better focus the sector’s innovation, research and development on long-term, sectoral growth
- develop and retain the world’s best workforce
- deliver better outcomes for stronger and more engaged communities
This strategic long-term approach aims to position Australia’s resources sector as the world’s most advanced, innovative and successful.