Webinar Recording: Mining's Next Horizon Part 1: The Next Generation of Minerals - Powering Mining into the Future
Austmine recently completed the first webinar in our six-part Mining's Next Horizon series. This focused on "The Next Generation of Minerals - Powering Mining into the Future" and featured discussion about lithium, nickel, cobalt and other battery metals.
Our speakers for the webinar were:
- Gavin Becker, General Manager Business Development, Lepidico
- David Morgan, Market Consultant, NC Chem
They discussed a range of issues prevalent in the lithium, nickel and cobalt market, including:
- Drivers of the demand and uses for the next generation of minerals
- The global outlook for battery commodities
- Technology and processes utilised for extraction and production of battery minerals
- Key mineral deposits, jurisdictions and projects
You can view the recording for the webinar here. Presentations are attached below.
This series will set the scene for the innovation conversation leading up to the Austmine 2019 Conference & Exhibition, 21 - 23 May, Brisbane. Register for further webinars in the series below.
Part 2 - 20 November 2018: Disruptive Innovations Creating Smarter Mining
Part 3 - 21 February 2019: Transforming Organisational Culture to Foster Innovative Thinking
Part 4 - 7 March 2019: Getting Ahead in the Digital Age of Mining
Part 5 - 16 April 2019: Mine Site Connectivity – Enabling the Digital Revolution
Part 6 - 2 May 2019: The Small Footprint Mine of the Future