Webinar Recording: Mining's Next Horizon Part 6 - The Small Footprint Mine of the Future
The final webinar in Austmine's Mining's Next Horizon series examined the Small Footprint Mine of the Future. This featured discussion surrounding the growing pressures of social license to operate and community expectations, coupled with sustainability issues such as water resources and energy use.
Key discussion items included:
- An overview of social license to operate and its relevance to the mining industry
- Key factors in creating and sustaining trust with local communities around mining operations
- Exploration of the current water consumption in mining and the growing global challenge of curbing this
- New technologies and processes for water treatment and re-usage
- Details of the industry focus on removing diesel from the underground environment and the role of electric vehicles.
Our expert panel for this webinar included:
- Steve Durkin, Founder & CEO, Safescape
- Meg Kauthen, Sustainability Designer, Business for Development
- Mark Sykes, CEO, Evocra
VIEW SLIDES IN RELATED DOCUMENTS BELOW