Webinar Recording: Optimising the Process Plant Part 4: Next Generation Processing
Current mining conditions are characterised by declining ore grades, complex mineralisation and a deeper search for valuable orebodies. This has significantly impacted the mineral processing stage of the mining life cycle, creating cost pressures and forcing miners and METS to innovate in pursuit of long-term success and sustainability.
Part 5 of our series explored the future-focused technologies and methodologies set to create step changes in processing productivity. This included:
- Connecting processing operations to the IoT to improve performance
- Utilising artificial intelligence, machine learning and algorithms to create a digital twin
- Efficiency gains from modularity and mobility in mining and processing
- Discussion about the importance of industry wide collaboration to break down information silos.
Our expert speaker panel:
- Dr Zeljka Pokrajcic, Technical Director, PETRA Data Science
- Pieter Strobos, Business Director, Process IQ
- Lee Hillyer, Managing Director, MMD Australia