Codelco METS and Mining Infrastructure Seminar
TIQ’s METS and Mining Infrastructure Seminar will provide you with an opportunity to deepen your understanding of opportunities and challenges in the Latin America mining sector, with Codelco’s Director of International Procurement, Fernando Marchant.
You will hear directly about Codelco’s major projects and some of the challenges it is currently facing as well as an overview of the company’s procurement processes.
Codelco is a Chilean state-owned copper mining company with revenues of approximately US$11.5 billion in 2016 whose 6 major mining operations (listed below) cumulatively produced around 5.33 million metric tonnes (MT) of copper in 2017 – 25% of global copper mine production.
The company has announced a major capital investment program of approximately US$40 billion until 2026 to support production and profitability and reduce risk.
The program consists of two tranches:
- 2017–2021: US$19.8 billion
- 2022–2026: US$18.8 billion
The capital investment program will include underground developments and plant upgrades at its existing operations, feasibility studies and development of new mining operations, and smelter upgrades to meet Chile’s strict environmental regulations.
The specific projects include:
- El Teniente – new mine level
- Andina Mine – plant transfer system
- Chuquicamata – underground mine
- Salvador Inca Mine – feasibility study stage
- Radomiro Tomic – Sulfides II – under study
- Andina Development – feasibility study stage
- sustainable use of critical resources – water and energy
- traceability of exploration, extraction, and mineral processing activities in a socially sustainable manner
- recovery of other metals, beyond copper and design of production strategies
- development of new uses and applications for copper which will generate additional demand in the global market.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Gain valuable insights into the opportunities and challenges that exist in one of the world’s most significant mining and METS markets.
||Thursday 14 June 2018
||5.00pm (for 5.30pm start) to 7.30pm
||Queensland Room, Level 41
1 William Street
BRISBANE QLD 4000