Society of Economic Geologists International Conference - Hobart - September 2015
World-Class Ore Deposits: Discovery to Recovery (SEG 2015), September 27-30, 2015
The conference will combine exploration/discovery and deposit geology with geometallurgy for a range of deposit types and major mines/deposits. No previous SEG conference has included geometallurgy at this level, and we recognise that it is becoming a very important aspect of the economic geosciences. SEG expect an audience of more than 500 geologists and exploration professionals from around the world. This will include a mix of industry, government, and academia with a strong student component.
The theme is discovery of world-class iron ore deposits, their geology, and the recovery of metals from ores, and will cover the issues and controversies that affect exploration. This conference will include key presentations from leaders in research and industry. The 14 sessions over 3 days will feature distinguished keynote speakers, plus up to 150 posters and pre- and post- conference field trips and short courses complementing the conference theme.
Invited keynote talks
- What industry wants from research (Paul Agnew)
- What research can deliver for industry (Murray Hitzman)
- Innovation in exploration technology (John Thompson)
- What is changing in engineering and metallurgy and its impact (TBD)
- Emergence of geometallurgy; what geologists should know (Steve Walters)
- Mineral sector value and risk in 4D: Discovery to dismantling (Allan Trench for SGA)
- Relationships between porphyry, IOCG, and magapatite deposits (Rod Allen)
- Developments in sea-floor mineralisation (Cornel de Ronde)
- Sulfide nickel deposits (Sarah-Jane Barnes)
For more information on the conference and program please download the invitation here. For more information on exhibiting and sponsorship at the conference please download the prospectus here.