Your invitation to the 2018 UNSW Engineering Maker Games
What are The Maker Games?
Trialled with astounding success in 2017, The Maker Games is a competition which asks students to solve ‘wicked problems’ posed by industry. The students then respond by building working prototypes, in partnership with their industry mentors. The competition, culminates in a showcase of the prototypes created. Judging criteria are based on feasibility, attractiveness and quality of innovative thinking.
The relationship benefits both parties - industry receives a fresh, innovative, unadulterated point of view on a vexing problem and university students gain exposure to the workings of real-world challenges. Relationships are built between the brightest students and future employers.
What is required from Industry Partners?
For you, our industry partners, the opportunity is clear: submit the most exciting and detailed Challenge brief you can, and then select from the best and brightest students competing to solve it for you.
- A detailed and robust challenge
- When designing your Challenge brief, keep in mind that as part of the assignment students must make a physical prototype
- Please be mindful of software engineering-only Challenges
- For this type of Challenge, students must still submit a compelling physical demonstration on how the software would be put into practice in a real-world situation
- Dedicated company mentor assigned to your team to guide them through the prototype design-and-build
- There will be several events and mentoring session your company mentor will be expected to attend from April to October 2018
You can submit your Challenge here or in the The Maker Games Guide attached below.
For more information please email The Maker Games on email@example.com