Austmine/KCA Accessing Innovation Workshop
There are increasing demands for Mining Equipment, Technology and Services (METS) companies to innovate and develop new products and services that meet changing mining customer needs, but where do you access the resources and expertise to continually innovate? Public sector spend on R&D in 2012 exceeded $10 billion (ABS).
Austmine and KCA (Knowledge Commercialisation Australasia) are therefore organising an Accessing Innovation workshop as part of the Austmine 2015: Transforming Mining conference in Brisbane in May 2015. The workshop will take place on Monday 18th May, before the main conference kicks off on Tuesday 19th May. It will run for 2.5 hours from 3 - 5.30pm, followed by the welcome drinks for the conference. Speakers include Peter Clarke, Commercialisation Adviser at Department of Industry, Stephen Carroll, Director of RSM Bird Cameron, Tom Hammond and Bill Staunton from Curtin University, Sanjee Peiris from University of Adelaide, Professor Ross Large from University of Tasmania, Chris Kelleher from University of Newcastle, plus senior representatives from University of Queensland and Queensland University of Technology.
The Austmine/KCA Accessing Innovation workshop will provide examples of where collaboration with public sector research has led to tangible commercial outcomes, some tips on how to engage and some specific new product and service opportunities available right now for the METS sector.
What will you take away from attending this workshop?
- An understanding of the most exciting innovations that are coming out of Australia’s top mining research centres right now including: a carbon meter for gold circuit optimisation; an ultra-sensitive handheld bio-sensor for gold exploration in the field; a rapid laser method to detect trace elements concentrated in pyrite and predict the location of buried ore deposits and an energy efficient and cost effective rail conveyor method for transporting bulk commodities over long distances
- Strategies for SME METS companies on how to source and implement innovative technologies into your business model
- Expert advice on accessing R&D tax credits and concessions to support your innovation in-house or in collaboration with others
- An opportunity to network and discuss with other like-minded peers who wish to speed up the innovation adoption cycle and improve collaboration between research and METS
Who should attend this workshop?
From any mining equipment, technology and services providers:
- Managing Director/CEO
- Head of Commercial
- Head of (Strategic)Partnerships
- Head of R&D
- Head of New Product Development
- Head of Innovation
“Mining equipment, technology and service providers who want to stay ahead of the game and develop innovative new products and services should not miss this half day workshop. The billions of dollars invested into public sector R&D is a largely untapped resource of potential new product and services. Come and learn about opportunities available now and how to access them.” Peter Clarke (ex CEO Scanalyse & Business Development Manager, Outotec and previous Austmine Director)
This workshop is free to attend, but only open to attendees of the Austmine 2015: Transforming Mining conference. To register for the conference and workshop, please go to the conference website. For those who have already registered for the conference and wish to now attend the workshop, email firstname.lastname@example.org to place your name down.