2016 Australian Tech Accelerator Open for Entries: Launchpad for Global Technologies
- Australia’s leading technology accelerator program Opens for Applications for the sixth year.
- Australia’s top 30 companies will win a coveted place in the intensive Business Accelerator.
- Showcase events in Melbourne and Sydney including unique Investor Connect speed-dating.
The 2016 Australian Technologies Competition is now open for entries. With new awards categories and a wider reach, the Competition, now in its sixth year, has established itself as Australia's premier technology accelerator.
The Australian Technologies Competition identifies, mentors and profiles Australia’s leading technologies with global potential. Over the last five years, the Competition has generated over $250 million dollars in investment and project opportunities for Australian SMEs. It has attracted over 700 entries and 125 companies have so far benefitted from the mentoring program.
The Business Accelerator Program provides access to expert mentors and connections to investors, customers, specialist advisors, grant programs and international markets.
In 2016, the Competition is collaborating with the Australian Government’s Industry Growth Centres to help focus the benefits towards Australia’s priority sectors and deliver growth to more companies. This will expand the reach of the eligible technologies to include Medtech, Biotech and Cyber Security. In addition, the Competition retains its links to its environmental origins through the Smart Cities, New Energy and Global Development Awards.
The Program is also supported by a diverse range of partners including:
- Industry Associations such as the Facilities Management Association, AustMine, AMTIL, Australian Water Association, the Clean Energy Council, BioMelbourne Network and BioInnovation SA.
- Professional Services firms including Deloittes, Bird&Bird Lawyers and Cundall Engineers.
- Australian and International Government Partners including the Australian Department of Industry, Innovation and Science, the City of Melbourne, the NSW Department of Industry, Hong Kong Trade & Development Council and UK Trade & Investment.
Following the accelerator program, the best companies will be recognised at Showcase events in Melbourne as part of the All Energy Conference on 5th October and in Sydney as part of Startup Sydney Week in early November. Both events will feature unique Investor Connect speed-dating events to help fund company growth.
For further information on how you can participate in the Australian Technologies Competition, visit