Austmine 2019: Ideas Exchange
What is the Ideas Exchange?
2019 is Austmine’s 30th Anniversary, and as part of our celebration and commitment to always delivering the most valuable opportunities to our members, Austmine has introduced the live Ideas Exchange to our Mining Innovation Conference. Working with our Innovation Partners, Roy Hill, OZ Minerals and Resolute Mining, you’ll have the opportunity to tackle some of the top challenges facing our partners, submitting your thoughts live through our Ideas Exchange platform.
We’ll be presenting 6 industry challenges, each summarised in a few paragraphs, and sharing these with you, our audience. Throughout the two days of the conference, you’ll have the opportunity to share your suggestions, strategies, thoughts and ideas with our partners, and the rest of the conference attendees, through our live collaboration platform. We’ll be live streaming the discussion, analysing and summarising the results post-event and working our partners to continue the conversations and brainstorming through further collaboration.
Every single attendee at Austmine 2019 will have access to contribute to the Ideas Exchange, with Austmine members receiving advanced information on the challenges.
There is a plethora of reasons why you’d want to get involved in the Ideas Exchange as part of your time at Austmine 2019. Here are just a few to get you started:
At the conference:
- Be a part of an open discussion across all segments of our industry that will inspire and challenge your thinking
- Meet and discuss the challenges face to face with our Innovation Partners, who will all be in attendance at Austmine 2019
- Form connections with other challenge participants for potential collaborations or projects
- Understand the conversations being had by your peers and the latest thinking behind issues such as workforce mobility, asset health, variable ore grade processing and alternative energy sources
After the conference:
- Access potential opportunities for an invitation into our partners’ ecosystems for current and future projects
- Help influence the direction and scope of the solutions implemented by our partners to address their highlighted challenges
- Where relevant, receive invitations for future ideation and brainstorming sessions
- Become part of a network of thinkers in our industry
Don't just take our word for it though - this is why Andrew Cole, MD and CEO at OZ Minerals, is excited about their involvement in the Ideas Exchange:
"We are changing the way we work at OZ Minerals, with a focus on building partnerships and unlocking the diverse ecosystem that surrounds us. We are really excited to be able to engage with different ideas, people and companies through the Ideas Exchange. It is a great opportunity for us to find ways to create shared value and align our purpose with a broader stakeholder group on some of the challenges many are facing."
Austmine is committed to increasing the opportunities in our industry for miners and METS to begin and continue deeper conversations about the challenges being faced by today’s mining operations. With ever-increasing external pressures relating to sustainability, cost, demand, competition, carbon footprint, workforce and productivity, it’s critical that we work together more closely to combat these issues, and overcome them, for a more successful future.
The Austmine conference has come a long way from its inception back in 2005, where a handful of METS companies gathered to discuss technology and innovation, before innovation was a buzzword. We now welcome 900 industry experts, for 3 days of learning, networking, brainstorming and – most importantly – inspiration. Our event incorporates speed networking functions, open collaboration, ideas pitches, awards, presentations, panel discussions and more! See more at www.austmineconference.com.au