Austmine's Innovation Mentoring Program
Austmine is delighted to announce that in 2016 we will be running the very first Innovation Mentoring in METS Program. This program is unique, being the only mentoring program for individuals dedicated exclusively to the METS sector. This inaugural round of the program is supported and sponsored by METS Ignited.
Innovation is critical to the mining equipment, technology and services (METS) industry and will secure the sustainable future of mining. There is a need to foster individuals who truly embrace and champion innovation. In response to this need, Austmine has developed the Austmine Innovation Mentoring Program.
The program is designed to shape the numerous skills required for innovators to succeed in today’s fluid market environment. The mentoring sessions will guide participants’ general understanding of innovation, including ideation, strategy, commercialisation and implementation. Personal development, career enhancement and skills growth are the major goals of the program for participants and also for our mentors.
Applications for our inaugural Innovation Mentoring Program are now closed and the program is full. If you would like to be kept on a priority list for information on the second program, which will take place in late 2016, please email Megan Edwards. If you are interested in being a mentor in this second round, also email Megan.
- John McGagh, Former Head of Innovation, Rio Tinto
- Dallas Wilkinson, Innovation + Development Explosives, Mining Chemicals and Ground Support Technology, Orica
- Alan Broome AM., Chairman Emeritus, Austmine
- Paul Lucey, Head of Engineering and Projects, Gold Fields
- Nick Flanagan, Head of Resource West, WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Gavin Yeates, Gavin Yeates Consulting
- Steve Durkin, Director, Safescape
- Kirby Johnson, Consulting Partner, Wipro
- Ric Gros, Managing Director, Metsol
- Bill Withers, Founder, acQuire Technology Solutions
About our program sponsor - METS Ignited
METS Ignited is an industry-led, government-funded initiative, for the mining equipment, technology and services that works with industry, miners and research organisations to improve the competitiveness and productivity of the sector. Visit http://www.metsignited.org/ for more information.
Michelle Anderson – Marketing and Communications Manager, METS Ignited
07 3138 1029