High-Grade Gold-Copper Open Pit and Underground Mine
AMC’s mine redesign helps client save $215m and increase ore reserves and productivity rates
" After nearly 18 months of commercial operations, the 2014 Optimisation Study identified and unlocked significant value from the Didipio Mine to drive continued operational excellence through increased metal production, improved operating cash flows, and a significant reduction in waste mine combined with earlier access to higher-grade underground ore."
Mick Wilkes, Managing Director and CEO, OceanaGold
As part of a decade-long partnership, AMC provides expert advice and ongoing operational and strategic support to this complex mine.
The project required AMC to identify and rank the best combinations of open pit and underground mining options for the mine’s transition from open pit to underground.
Our team started with a strategic mine plan to identify potential options, followed by detailed mine planning to refine the options. Drawing upon a unique set of tools, methods, and proprietary data, we rapidly evaluated and presented a clear recommendation.
Mining method: Open pit and underground
Location: The Philippines
- $215m cost savings in reduced waste movement.
- Access to high-grade underground ore was brought forward by two years.
- 33% mine productivity rate increase from 1.2 Mtpa to 1.6 Mtpa over a longer underground mine life.
- Reduced open pit waste mining by nearly 70 million tonnes.
- Improved project economics including increased cash flows and a longer mine life.