Victorian METS Export Hub
The Victorian METS Export Hub is a new initiative designed for regional Victorian companies to help them develop and grow their export markets.
Victorian METS companies are internationally focused, technology driven and have a strength in manufacturing, making them well positioned to address the new technologies, services and strategies that are coming to the fore in mining. The Victorian METS Export Hub will form networks of METS companies and through providing linkages, connections, training and global market identification, will capitalise on existing strengths to build export opportunities for Victorian METS companies.
METS companies can be found all throughout Victoria with a major concentration in Melbourne and regional hubs in Ballarat, Bendigo, Stawell, Geelong and Latrobe Valley. Through connecting these regional and metropolitan METS centres, Hub members will have access to the latest supply chain developments and strategic insights. This will help businesses understand where they fit in the new modern mining paradigm, helping drive sustainability.
What does the Export Hub Provide?
The Victorian Export Hub Lead will work with the Hub members in the above regions to understand individual and regional strengths and capabilities. The Lead will provide or arrange export advice and guidance, training and mentoring depending on an individual company’s needs. Capabilities will then be matched to overseas market opportunities and connections developed between those markets and the Hub members. This includes:
- Virtual Mentoring – Increasing collaboration in the METS sector to accelerate key learnings for new and growing exporters from those who have been there and done that.
- Export Advice and Guidance – On-line tools and linkages, and referrals to other relevant, existing training and business support programs.
- Export Capability Training – Based on participant needs and tailored to industry trends and market opportunities.
- Intensive Training – Focussed on capturing specific export opportunities.
If you would like to find out more about the Victoria METS Export Hub, view the recording of our digital launch event where Austmine's VIC METS Export Hub Lead Gordon Chakaodza shared our vision.
View the digital launch event recording here:
RECORDING PART 1 | RECORDING PART 2
Why Join the Victorian METS Export Hub?
- The opportunity to network with other like-minded companies who are already export-focused or who are aiming to be
- The opportunity to learn from companies with strong market presence within your region, in other regions or in metropolitan areas
- Access to first-hand information regarding miners’ supply chain and procurement programs to understand where the opportunities are for your company
- Make contacts with existing exporters to leverage global experience
- Virtual mentoring from those who have been there done that
- Individually tailored export training and advice
- Links to other Government programs and funding
- Representation at global mining events
- Links to real global market opportunities and introductions
Who is Eligible?
The program is targeted at regional METS companies although any company supplying to the mining industry (or wishing to) and operating in Victoria is eligible.
There is no fee to join the Hub.
How do I Join?
To find out more, please complete the Expression of Interest form linked below.
Expressions of Interest
The Hub is being funded under the Federal Government’s Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) Export Hubs initiative. It is also being established in partnership with the Victorian Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions which is contributing funding.
If you would like to find out more information, please contact Gordon Chakaodza, Austmine's VIC METS Export Hub Lead.