WA METS Digital Mining Export Hub
The WA METS Digital Mining Export Hub is a new initiative designed to develop regional WA companies to increase their digital mining capability and access global mining markets.
WA is recognised as a world leader in digital mining solutions. The WA METS Digital Mining Hub will leverage that reputation and expertise to grow export opportunities for regional METS businesses. The Hub will bring together regional METS companies, form networks and connect them into companies based in Perth, build export skills and identify global market opportunities for the Hub members.
COVID-19 has accelerated digitalisation in mining and through participation in conversations, information and contacts available in metropolitan Perth, Hub members will have access to the latest digital developments and strategic insights. This will help regional businesses understand where they fit in the new digital paradigm, helping drive sustainability.
WA METS companies are concentrated in Perth, Bunbury, Kalgoorlie, Newman, Karratha and Port Hedland. Perth is at the centre of digital mining in the State with many world leading METS companies headquartered there. Regional WA METS companies tend to have their own unique mining focus and specialties:
- Bunbury: supporting coal and alumina mining
- Kalgoorlie: supporting gold and new energy minerals extraction, operations and processing
- Newman: supporting hard rock mining focused on iron ore
- Karratha: supporting iron ore mining and energy
- Port Hedland: supporting port services as well as iron ore mining
What Does the Export Hub Provide?
The Western Australian Export Hub Lead will work with the Hub members in the above regions to understand individual and regional strengths and capabilities. The Lead will provide or arrange export advice and guidance, training and mentoring depending on an individual company’s needs. Capabilities will then be matched to overseas market opportunities and connections developed between those markets and the Hub members. This includes:
- Virtual Mentoring – Increasing collaboration in the METS sector to accelerate key learnings for new and growing exporters from those who have been there and done that.
- Export Advice and Guidance – On-line tools and linkages, and referrals to other relevant, existing training and business support programs.
- Export Capability Training – Based on participant needs and tailored to industry trends and market opportunities.
- Intensive Training – Focussed on capturing specific export opportunities.
Why Join the Western Australian METS Digital Mining Export Hub?
- The opportunity to network with other like-minded companies who are already export-focused or who are aiming to be
- The opportunity to learn from companies with strong digital offerings – within your region, in other regions or in metropolitan areas
- Access to first-hand information regarding miners’ digital programs to understand where the opportunities are for your company
- Make contacts with existing exporters to leverage global experience
- Virtual mentoring from those who have been there done that
- Individually tailored export training and advice
- Links to other Government programs and funding
- Representation at global mining events
- Links to real global market opportunities and introductions
Who is Eligible?
The program is targeted at regional METS companies although any company supplying to the mining industry (or wishing to) and operating in Western Australia is eligible.
There is no fee to join the Hub.
How do I Join?
To find out more, please complete the Expression of Interest form linked below.
Expressions of Interest
The Hub is funded under the Federal Government’s Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) Export Hubs initiative and in partnership with the Western Australian Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation which also contributed funding.
If you would like to find out more information, please contact Craig Banks, Austmine's WA METS Digital Mining Export Hub Lead.