Webinar Recording: Mine Site Connectivity
This Austmine webinar took place on Tuesday 16th April and was the fifth in the Mining's Next Horizon series. This episode focused on The Connected Mine.
The industry is striving to create advanced operations where convergence of information technology and operating technology systems into a unified network infrastructure allows for seamless connectivity and information sharing across the mining enterprise.
However, the unique nature of the mining industry, which is characterised by remote sites and operations at extreme depths, means that considerable challenges are faced in creating a connected enterprise.
This webinar explored:
- The vision of the connected mine
- Challenges in the pursuit of connected mining operations
- Developments in network infrastructure and communications systems for mining operations
The speakers on this webinar were:
- Tim Haight, Managing Director, Northern Light Technologies
- Brendon Cullen, Automation & Product Control Manager, Remote Control Technologies
- Ana Duarte, Lead Solutions Architect, GE Digital Mine
The webinar recording can be accessed here.