Event date: 2 Sep 2019, 8:00 AM - 2 Sep 2019, 5:00 PM Export event
Event Location: Assetivity perth
Assetivity Training Course - Asset Management: Principles and Benefits
Assetivity offers this training course as an introduction to Asset Management (AM) for anyone wishing to learn the fundamental principles and concepts underpinning world class Asset Management, and the benefits to be accrued from applying these within an Asset-rich organisation. Participants will obtain an understanding of the key principles of effective Asset Management in the context ot the ISO Standard for Asset Management (ISO 55000). They will also obtain a better understanding of the benefits to be obtained from taking a systematic approach to Asset Management.
Participants will gain an understanding of:
- Asset Management in the context of ISO 55000
- AM Policy and how and why it is developed.
- Strategic Asset Management Plans (SAMP): their development and how this impacts on their roles and functions.
- The key elements included in Asset Management Plans, as defined by ISO 55000, including costings, contingency planning and communicating the plan.
- Key issues to be considered when implementing Asset Management Plans
- The role of Risk Management in effective Asset Management
- AM Performance Measurement and Improvement.
Who Should Attend
- Managers wishing an overview of the key elements and benefits of effective Asset Management
- Anyone else requiring an introduction to the key principles underpinning effective Asset Management
Training Course Duration
By the end of this course, delegates should (as a minimum) be able to:
- Describe what asset management is and why it is important.
- Describe the role asset management can play in supporting organisational strategy and objectives.
- Describe the relationships and differences between asset management policy, strategy and plans.
- Describe the principles of asset whole life costing.
- Describe the role of Risk Management in effective Asset Management.
- Give examples of how AM performance can be measured.
- Describe the main advantages of a systematic approach to Asset Management.
As this course is part of the IAM’s competency framework, each attendee will be formally assessed to measure successful achievement of the competency. This assessment will be based on formal testing as well as practical experience. Participants who successfully demonstrate competence in this course will be issued a certificate of completion.