Event date: 8 Apr 2020, 12:30 PM - 8 Apr 2020, 2:30 PM Export event
Earth Observation Webinar METS and Mining
On behalf of Geoscience Australia, FrontierSI is excited to be facilitating an online Earth Observation (EO) webinar and workshop which will focus on what is possible with EO in the Mining Equipment, Technology and Services (METS) and Mining sector, and include an interactive component using digital collaboration tools to explore how EO can be applied to solve METS and Mining challenges.
This will be the first in a series of short, sharp webinars aimed at increasing the quality and usefulness of the relationships and technology provided into the METS and mining sectors. This workshop series will trial a range of new and innovative engagement techniques to maximise the digital collaboration required during the uncertain COVID-19 disruption time.
The first workshop in this series is ideal for anyone wondering how to understand and assess the benefits of the current local and global capabilities of Earth Observation. Covering both free and commercial options, this workshop will focus on what it is possible with EO data across the mining lifecycle and value chain to improve prospecting, operations and mine closure. The workshop will also be of value if you just want to build your own knowledge base to be able to identify the technology companies who solve mining-related problems with EO data that you should be working with.
Webinar and Workshop Purpose
To help users and non-users of EO understand how it can be used to improve prospecting, operations and mine closure with an emphasis on Geoscience Australia’s freely available Digital Earth Australia (DEA) satellite imagery and data products.
Benefits of Registering
- Identify new technology solutions which can directly help your business;
- Understand emerging trends in space and EO technology;
- Upskilling in new technology capabilities that can grow the METS sector;
- Networking opportunities with industry peers;
- Discussion of accessing and using Geoscience Australia’s free DEA platform.
- What is possible with Earth Observation?;
- What is Digital Earth Australia?;
- Case studies which show how METS and Mining companies can use EO;
- What challenges could EO help me solve?;
- An EO case study;
- An interactive component using digital collaboration tools around How could I use Earth observation to add value to my operations?;
- The tools available through Digital Earth Australia to help.
A detailed agenda will be emailed, upon request, to registered participants only.
Date: Wednesday 8 April
Time: 12.30 - 2.30PM AEST
Cost: Free, but registration is essential
Please note: all registrants will receive a link to this webinar 48 hours prior, 2 hours prior, and when the event starts.