Event date: 10 Mar 2020, 8:30 AM - 10 Mar 2020, 5:30 PM Export event
Event Location: UON Upper Hunter, Tertiary Education Centre, 87 Hill Street, Muswellbrook
One-Day Workshop: Bulk Materials Handling - Presented by TUNRA Bulk Solids
Bulk Materials Handling
Presented by TUNRA Bulk Solids
The storage, handling and transportation of bulk solid materials are major activities for a vast number and variety of industries throughout the world. These range from the gentle handling of very small quantities of material in the pharmaceutical and chemical industries to the vast quantities handled and processed by the mining and mineral companies. This diversity is particularly evident in Australia where the wide-ranging nature and scale of operations is somewhat unique.
Considerable advances continue to be made in research, development, application and implementation of the technologies associated with various aspects of bulk solids handling.
TUNRA Bulk Solids are pleased to present a one-day workshop which will provide delegates with an overview of current state-of-the-art materials handling techniques and their application to industry.
- Flow property testing and understanding of material behaviour under varying conditions
- Transfer chute design principles and advanced simulation techniques including Discrete Element Modelling
- Understanding the types of flow and appropriate design of bins and hoppers
- Belt conveyor design and latest testing available for the correct selection of conveyor belts and idlers
- Environmental testing for the design of dust-free operations
- Diversify your expertise and further knowledge of materials handling concepts
- Increase awareness of material behaviour on site
- Learn methods for troubleshooting, optimisation and best practice design
- Networking with experts in the field of materials handling
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in industry and bulk solids research
Who Should Attend
This workshop is suitable for any professional looking to expand their knowledge in the materials handling space, from experienced individuals in senior positions looking to enhance their expertise, through to junior and graduates looking to tailor their engineering skill set. Industries that will benefit from the workshop include: mining and mineral processing, power generation, energy and environment, chemical, agricultural and food processing, manufacturing and pharmaceutical.
Why TUNRA Bulk Solids
Experience and Expertise
We have provided expert solutions to industry for over 40 years and are the leading organisation for materials handling research and consulting in Australia and internationally
Research and Development
We have a proven track record in research and development through the close association with The University of Newcastle
We have highly qualified, well-trained and specialist staff that are committed to delivering excellence
First Class Facilities
Our laboratory is a state of the art facility located within the Newcastle Institute of Energy and Resources (NIER)
We are accredited to ISO 9001, AS4801 and ISO14001
We are independent and not for profit
Date: Tuesday 10 March 2020
Time: 8.30 am - 5.30 pm
Location: UON Upper Hunter, Tertiary Education Centre, 87 Hill Street, Muswellbrook
Please note that spaces are limited to 4 per company
For more information including an overview of the workshop please click here or contact email@example.com.