Event date: 24 Feb 2020, 8:30 AM - 24 Feb 2020, 3:00 PM Export event
Event Location: CSIRO (QCAT), 1 Technology Court (off Bainbridge Drive), Pullenvale, Queensland
Technical Workshop: Automating the Geological Interpretation of Drill Hole Data
Manual interpretation of numerical drill hole data (such as multivariate geochemical analyses) is time-consuming and subjective. We combine the power of machine learning with multiscale spatial information to provide the geologist with a flexible and intuitive system for automating drill hole logging.
Workflow and solutions are delivered via an interactive website, DATA MOSAIC, which allows the geologist to upload their own data and control the workflow.
This one day workshop will provide training in:
- Detecting geological boundaries in drill hole data
- Creating multiscale geological domains using wavelet tessellation
- A brief introduction to compositional data analysis
- A brief introduction to machine learning for rock classification
- Hierarchical classification for multiscale analysis
You will be using the Data Mosaic web app for hands-on practice of the methods. Please bring a laptop.
Date: Monday 24 February 2020
Time: 8.30am - 3pm
Venue: CSIRO (QCAT), 1 Technology Court (off Bainbridge Drive), Pullenvale, Queensland
Standard Tickets: $530
Austmine Member Tickets: $430
Student Tickets: $350