Immersive Technologies Helping Miners Save Jobs, Lives and Profit Margins
25 May 2016
Immersive Technologies has released further detailed verified results arising from their work with key mining customers. In partnership with mine management teams across Australia, North America, Latin America, Africa, Europe and Asia Immersive has delivered dozens of Continuous Improvement (CI) projects that have helped miners control costs, lift productivity and maintain safety standards.
Verified in-pit gains over the last 12 month period include:
· $1,100,000 haul truck fuel savings for a North American Mine
· $500,000+ fuel savings at an Indonesian Mine
· 72% reduction in machine abuse events for a North American Mine
· 68% reduction in haul truck down time for a Latin American Mine
· 13% reduction in breakdown hours for excavators at a European Mine
· 72% reduction in breakdown hours for wheel loaders at a European Mine
· 31% reduction in equipment abuse events at an Australian Mine
· 4.9% spot time improvement at a Latin American Mine
· 5.1% excavator dig rate improvement at an Australian Mine
· $400,000+ Fuel savings in a Brazilian Mine
· 28% reduction in tire replacements saving US$1,500,000 in a Brazilian Mine
· $770,000 tire life savings at an Indonesian Mine
· 99% engine fire pass rate – global average after training
“Immersive Technologies’ commitment to providing quantifiable bottom line results has not waivered during challenging economic times for miners. We are providing more than good service and support; we are contributing to high level business objectives. Our partnership with mines across the globe has allowed us to increase our in-field presence for delivering business improvement and it is making a measurable difference for miner safety, profitability and jobs,” says Bryant Mullaney, Vice President - Managed Services & Consulting, Immersive Technologies.
With over 20 years of history in the mining workforce development industry Immersive Technologies has built its solution with the understanding that the most effective programs involve:
1. The right level of support and engagement from stakeholders
2. Flexibility and customization to meet unique mine needs
3. Strong continuous improvement and project management methodologies
Immersive Technologies has developed the most widely used continuous improvement and operator training methodology in mining, providing unique expertise that can quickly add value to each mine’s bottom line results.