Unlocking the Full Potential of Digital Technologies – Engineers Australia and Siemens Announce Digitalization Forum
- To be held on 1st September in Melbourne, the forum will bring together industry leaders for a timely discussion on the impact of digitalization on energy, automation, building technology, transportation systems and process industries
- Visiting Siemens global Member of Managing Board, Dr. Roland Busch will deliver keynote on core industries transitioning to the new economy
- Cross-industry forum will also feature panel discussion from select members of ‘The Prime Minister’s Industry 4.0 Taskforce’
Engineers Australia and Siemens announced their inaugural Digitalization Forum to be held in Melbourne on 1st September. The cross-industry forum will discuss and debate the impact of digital technologies on the future of Australian industries in the areas of process automation, energy (sourcing, production and consumption), building technology and construction, mobility (transportation systems, infrastructure and cities) and automation.
Dr. Roland Busch, visiting global Member of the Managing Board of Siemens AG will deliver the keynote address focusing on the full potential of digital technologies for competitive advantages.
The Digitalization Forum will include:
- Engineering in the age of digitalization keynote by Dr. Busch
- Panel discussion with members of ‘The Prime Minister’s Industry 4.0 Taskforce’
- Technical breakout sessions* such as:
- Scenario 2050: Additive Manufacturing and Digital Services for Energy facilitated by Vladimir Navrotsky, Head of Technology and Innovation at Energy Service, Oil & Gas and Industrial Applications
- Digitalization, Industrial Software and Automation session facilitated by Thomas Hahn, Siemens’ international expert on Industry 4.0 and German representative from Plattform Industrie 4.0
Speaking about the forum, Siemens Australia and New Zealand CEO Jeff Connolly said that “Germany is at the forefront of digitalization and helping their industries transition to the fourth industrial revolution – Industry 4.0. With operations in 190 countries, Siemens is ideally placed to share knowledge and insights on how companies and industries are embracing digital technologies to reduce costs, improve efficiencies, increase flexibility and productivity – ultimately becoming more competitive.
“While our portfolio of industries is vast, we are witnessing greater cross-sector collaboration to increase innovation and competitiveness at global levels. The Digitalization Forum is a timely reflection of how Australian companies can embrace ingenuity and intelligent technology to grow their local footprint and access global supply chains.”
Registration and more event details available here.
Date: Thursday 1st September
Time: 2:30 – 6:30 pm
Location: Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, Melbourne CBD