Coal Operators Conference 2020: Call for Abstracts
Coal2020, the Coal Operators' Conference, will be held on 12-14 February 2020 at the University of Wollongong, Australia. The Conference addresses issues relating to various aspects of modern coal mining operations, both surface and underground and offers the opportunity for industry experts to share research and insights. Celebrating its 19th year, this three day event includes a pre-conference workshop, industry exhibitions, social and networking activities, along with technically enriching presentations.
The conference is organised by the Mining Engineering Group of the Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences, University of Wollongong and is supported by both the Illawarra Branch of The Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (AusIMM) and the Mine Managers Association of Australia.
The City of Wollongong is located just 80km south of Sydney on a spectacular stretch of the southern New South Wales coast. The City's natural environment includes some of the most pristine beaches in Australia and the escarpment to the west offers a great network of walking trails and dazzling views of the coastline.
Invited abstract topics:
We strongly encourage receiving papers from coal mine operations, as well as fundamental and applied coal mining research.
- Surface mining
- Heading development
- Mining methods; longwall, bord and pillar, top coal caving and hydraulic mining
- Equipment and machinery performance as well as mining automation
- Ground control and strata management
- Instrumentation and monitoring
- Rock bolting, cable bolting or other roof support techniques
- Mine subsidence
- Mine ventilation
- Coal burst, mine gas drainage and outburst control
- Mine fires and explosions
- Mine flooding
- Risk management
- Mine management and mine contract
Abstracts accepted up until 25 August 2019.
SUBMIT ABSTRACT HERE