The UAV sector has expanded rapidly in recent years, the QA4UAV project is a response to the high level of wasted expenditure and poor captures that have resulted from organisations not specifying enough detail within their capture requests.
Very simple specifications such the generation of orthorectified imagery (images placed in its real space on earth) are not specified, let alone adjusting for height, density (in point clouds for detailed automated assessments), image overlap, designation of sensor type (to determine mineral/vegetation characteristics) are not specified resulting in wasted investment in the capture process.
The QA4UAV study aims to improve this knowledge-gap and generate an assisted workflow to generate capture specifications, assist METS UAV suppliers to respond and apply sound quality assurance processes to the resulting captures, ensuring compliance to the specifications.
The outputs of the QA4UAV study will deliver an online process that can be used to assist any organisation manage and control the capture of imagery data, ensuring it meets their desired activities.
To participate in this study, we request that the following online survey be completed by the 15th of September 2017: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QA4UAV
The aims of this analysis of users’ needs are to:
• Identify the strategies used to acquire or procure aerial photogrammetric (UAV) data.
• Identify the range of applications in which aerial photogrammetric (UAV) data is employed.
• Understand the specific acquisition and data requirements of these applications.
• Understand the expectations users have for a quality assurance tool.
• Produce a report documenting the findings of the study.
• Use the results to inform the development of the quality assurance workflow and tool.
Further information on this project can be found at: http://bit.ly/2xLMipS