Extend your Reach Through Austmine in 2018
2017 was yet another outstanding year for Austmine and our members, with a record number of networking events held, connections made and international visits completed, capped off by our best ever biennial Austmine conference in Perth. The Australian METS sector continues to receive greater recognition for leading the way in innovative solutions, ground breaking technologies and leading services, and in 2018 we look forward to helping you reach new heights once again.
The industry upswing is upon us and a range of opportunities will develop for Australian METS. However, a number of global macro-trends are emerging that make the industry landscape far different to that of our last upturn, including digital disruption, geo-political changes, a cross-sectoral skills war and an increasing focus on social licence to operate. It is important that Australian METS are aware of these issues, and Austmine will ensure our members are informed through a number of programs, webinars and original content which explore such topics.
We believe that 2018 will be a key year for Australian METS exporters. Emerging markets are set to provide more opportunities on the back of an increased mining focus, such as Peru, Kazakhstan and Russia, whilst mature mining markets will continue to provide avenues for new business, such as Canada, USA and Chile. Major International events should be a consideration for Australian METS who are ready to go global, including EXPOMIN in Chile, MiningWorld Russia and Central Asia and Mining Indaba in South Africa.
We are here to help you along on your export journey, with missions on our agenda to PNG, Peru, Chile, Russia and USA. For those new to exporting, make sure to check out our recent webinar series that discussed export strategy, planning and development, a valuable resource for your international business goals next year.
Along with this, we’re taking our events international, with our Singapore Mining Innovation Roadshow targeted at attracting mining leaders from the Asia-Pacific region. Themes at this roadshow will include digital disruption, robotics, artificial intelligence, cyber security and machine learning, all of which are gaining greater attention from the mining sector.
It is critical that Australian METS are equipped to remain relevant and successful during this rapidly changing period. Austmine will lead industry forums that tackle these challenges during the year and we are already working with miners such as FMGL, Rio Tinto, BHP Billiton, Teck Resources, Gold Fields and Barrick Gold to identify their pressing issues and facilitate dialogue with METS and researchers.
With better industry conditions and a busy 2018 expected, Austmine is here to help ease the demands on sales and marketing teams, and provide you with access to your customers, key mining contacts, a wider marketing reach and a senior level network to connect with.
We have over 40 events around the country planned in 2018, most of which are only for our members and included in the cost of membership. These range in format from sit down lunches, to casual networking drinks, to intensive workshop discussions, providing you with diverse opportunities to meet with prospective clients and partners.
Already confirmed we have:
- Smart Mining events will feature Stuart Walker, EVP Australasia of Gold Fields and Chris Cawood, CIO of OceanaGold.
- CEO Leadership lunches with Warren Hallam, Executive Director of Metals X and then Scott Winter, Managing Director at MACH Energy.
- Innovation Roadshows will visit Newcastle, Perth and Singapore, with members to receive a 50% discount on tickets, making these events one of the most cost-effective mining conferences you can attend in 2018.
Leveraging Austmine’s marketing and promotional support services is also critical to getting the maximum value from membership and gaining greater exposure within the industry. In 2018, we will:
- Produce 4 eBooks, on the topics of Improving Mining Operations, Small Footprint Mining, Cyber Security in Mining and Next Generation Mine and Plant Design.
- Host over 20 webinars, where our members present on their expertise, focusing on fleet management, process plant optimisation, International markets and technology and systems from other industries.
- Promote each press release, article, whitepaper or editorial that members send through to us via our websites, social media and in our weekly newsletters.
- Share every social media post we are tagged in, or sent directly, to our network of over 25,000 mining industry contacts here in Australia.
- Conduct one interview, per member, on leading industry trends that align with the member's offering and take that curated content out to market on their behalf.
Members wanting to make sure you're truly leveraging your membership in 2018, contact Sheldon.firstname.lastname@example.org for a forward schedule of all marketing and events activities.
We hope that we can work with you to make 2018 a success and look forward to seeing you around at an industry event. Have a safe and happy holiday!