Optimising the Process Plant: WEBINARS ON DEMAND
From May - October 2018, Austmine hosted our first webinar series on Optimising the Process Plant. Over the course of five informative webinars, leading members in the minerals processing space discussed emerging practices and trends in processing, understanding and analysing ore characteristics, plant control, energy and water management, and the future technologies set to create step-changes in minerals processing.
These webinar recordings are now available for viewing on demand and you can use the links below to watch the series.
Part 1 - Improving Resource Knowledge - VIEW RECORDING
This webinar explored technologies and programs aimed at generating greater information about the resource in the ground and in the process plant. Speakers then discussed how this data can be used to optimise processing operations and improve resource recorvery.
- Luke Keeney, General Manager Implementation, CRC ORE
- David Scoullar, CEO & Managing Director, Southern Innovation
- Mark Noppe, Corporate Consultant, SRK Consulting
Part 2 - Plant Safety & Control - VIEW RECORDING
The second part of our series
explored the advancements in plant control and safety, brought about through automating manual tasks, accessing and utilising real-time data and integrating disparate systems.
- Graham Kenafacke, National Practice Leader for Risk, Work Health & Safety, Willis Towers Watson
- Brad Maurice, Vertical Manager - Mining, Siemens
- David Greig, Key Account Manager for Mining & MRO, Henkel Adhesives
Part 3 - Energy & Water Management - VIEW RECORDING
This webinar focused on the amplifying global issue of water scarcity and how mining operations can reduce our impact on this important resource. Technologies and methodologies for reducing energy consumption were also explored through a lens of innovation.
- Todd Wisdom, Head of Tailings, FLSmidth
- John Flynn, Vice President Business Development, Osmoflo
- Mark Gerber, Business Development Manager, Alfa Laval
- Neil Wissemann, Thermal Design Engineer, Energy Division, Alfa Laval
Part 4 - Next Generation Processing - VIEW RECORDING
The fourth installment in the series looked at the technologies leading us into a new digital age of minerals processing. This included discussion about data acquisition and analysis, orebody knowledge, utilising the IoT, the digital twin, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Dr Zeljka Pokrajcic, Technical Director, PETRA Data Science
- Pieter Strobos, Business Director, Process IQ
- Lee Hillyer, Managing Director, MMD Australia
Part 5 - The Optimised Plant in Action - VIEW RECORDING
Part 5 provided an overarching view of the systems, procedures and technologies deployed to optimise the operation and design of the process plant, highlighting the importance of data and information in achieving this outcome.
- George McCullough, Director of Strategy, Interlate
- Geoff Irvine, Rio Tinto Strategic Account Manager, Rockwell Automation
- Matt Pyle, Process Engineer, Ausenco