Webinar Recording: Renewable Energy's Role in Mining's Future
Part 2 of Austmine's Sustainability Webinar series looked at the role of renewable energy in mining's future.
The expert speakers were:
The key discussion topics were:
- Paul Mitchell, Global Mining & Metals Sector Leader, EY
- Stephen Sproul – Senior Engineer for Microgrids and Energy Storage, ABB Australia
- Michel Carreau, Director of Hybrid Power, Renewable Power, Hatch
- The application of micro-grids in mining and the replacement of diesel generators with battery storage;
- Electrification of the mining industry and the impact on social license to operate, costs and collaboration;
- First-hand examples of renewable energy in action and a case study of Glencore's Raglan project in Quebec.