West Australian METS WISE Program Sponsorship
This was originally published by METS Ignited.
METS Ignited in collaboration with Innovation Central Perth is offering two Western Australia-based companies a sponsored annual membership for the Wireless Industrial Sensor Environment (WISE) Program. The WISE Program helps SMEs evaluate new cost-effective sensor technologies, accelerating their ability to efficiently analyse appropriate solutions to deliver innovative efficiencies across their supply chains.
With more data available, in shorter timeframes, on an expanding number of devices - IOT sensors and data collection are changing the nature of the mining industry and providing METS companies with significant opportunity to develop new applications to capture and extract value. METS Ignited is dedicated to helping the Australian METS sector develop globally competitive skills and knowledge, and drive the adoption of digital technologies and innovation into industry.
About the WISE Program
The WISE Program will assist ambitious companies, who are yet to fully embark on the IOT/data analysis journey, to accelerate their progress with the opportunity to gain critical skills and knowledge in this field. The Program is offered by Innovation Central at Curtin University and is a joint initiative between Cisco, Curtin University, Woodside and CSIRO’s Data61.
The 12-month program will help METS companies develop the skills and knowledge needed to create and implement wireless IOT applications either as extensions to existing products or in creating entirely new products and income streams for their company.
It is focussed on delivering foundational learning in Sensors, Visualisation Platforms, Data Science and Networks & Communications. If you don’t know the difference between LoRAWAN, Wifi, NB-IOT and Indrasync but want to develop IOT products then you need this program.
What is included in the WISE Program?
WISE provides an environment and resources to collaborate and build real world industrial IOT solutions.
- Access to talent – tailored tutorials on installing sensors and analysing data outputs, advice on capturing, visualising and analysing data
- Access to WISE hardware and software platforms – full access to computing hardware and industrial grade wireless sensors
- Access to campus infrastructure for experimentation & validation – open innovation and collaboration with other WISE members, joint Proof of Concept facilitations for particular sensor technologies
Each of the two individual memberships are worth $10,000 and will entitle the successful METS companies to full membership benefits for one year, including:
- 3 – 4 Innovation workshops with other WISE members designed to identify challenges and initiate projects
- 2 – 3 Design thinking workshops that help members identify problems and prototype solutions
- 2 – 3 Industry Leader Talks featuring Industry experts
- 1 – 2 Innovation delegations to visit innovative technology hubs and events
- 3 – 4 Trial Projects utilising Innovation Central staff, facilities and technology providers
- Free equipment loans of sensors and other technologies for trials
- 3 – 4 Hosted Networking events to meet WISE members, industry participants, technology providers and researchers
Download the WISE program brochure here.
Who should apply:
METS companies who know they need to embark on a development path utilising IOT sensors to increase the value they deliver to the mining industry, but lack the deep technical knowledge to know how to develop, build and test prototypes. This pathway can be based on their existing products and/or services or could be an investigation into new possibilities.
Sponsorships will only be available for companies based or with significant presence in Western Australia. Successful companies will need to attend the centre at Curtin University to participate and this cannot be done virtually.
Please read the Terms and Conditions for full eligibility details.
Download and read thoroughly the application form, the b>terms and conditions, WISE Program brochure.
WISE Information Session for METS - WEBINAR
Join METS Ignited and Innovation Central Lead from Cisco, Tom Goerke to find out more information about the WISE Program and the 12-month sponsored package. Register now for the webinar on 10.30am AWST Thursday 13 August.
Submit your application by COB on Friday 28 August, 2020.