Austmine Innovation Mentoring Program
Austmine's 2018 Innovation Mentoring Program is currently underway. To express interest in the 2019 program, contact email@example.com
Innovation is critical to the mining equipment, technology and services (METS) industry and will secure the sustainable future of mining. There is a need to foster individuals who truly embrace and champion innovation. In response to this need, Austmine has developed the Austmine Innovation Mentoring Program. This program is sponsored and supported by METS Ignited.
The program is designed to shape the numerous skills required for innovators to succeed in today’s fluid market environment. The mentoring sessions will guide participants’ general understanding of innovation, including ideation, strategy, commercialisation and implementation. Personal development, career enhancement and skills growth are the major goals of the program for participants and also for our mentors.
Mentors in the 2018 Program Include:
- Brad Neilson, President – Hard Rock Mining, Komatsu Mining Corp
- Jillian Scherf, General Manager - Commercial, Technology & Innovation, Rio Tinto
- Rebbecca Kerr, General Manager Technology, Roy Hill
- Tom Hunter, Principal, Tom Hunter Associates
- Dallas Wilkinson, Vice President and General Manager, Minova
- Alf van Dijk, Director R&D Oceania and South America, Schenck Process Australia
- Anna Dartnell, Group Manager - Customers & Innovation, Bis Industries
- Timothy Day, Managing Director, Isle Utilities
- Clytie Dangar, General Manager, Stakeholder Engagement, CRC ORE
- Dave Lawie, Chief Geoscientist, IMDEX
Please note it costs $1000+GST to participate in this program, and you must be ready and prepared to COMMIT your time to your mentor!
WHY SIGN UP TO BE MENTORED?
You will receive a minimum of 10 hours’ one-on-one mentoring with an innovation expert within METS.
You have access to an additional five hours’ group training and guidance through face-to-face and online sessions.
You are provided with the opportunity to gain insights from experienced mentors who work in a different company to your own, with alternative and objective perspectives and real-world practical advice.
Your chance to become part of an innovation community, learning and collaborating together across Australia within the mining and METS sectors.
WHO SHOULD BE A MENTEE?
We’ve had mentees sign up around Australia with all levels of experience, seniority and roles. Age and position are irrelevant in becoming a mentee: from graduates, through to senior manager and up to Managing Directors – we’ve had them all go through the program and benefit from participation. The key requirements for participating are:
- A true passion for innovation
“My experience with my mentor has been fantastic! The program has helped me grow and develop within my role and within my wider company, opening up opportunities that would not have occurred otherwise. I am very happy to have been a part of this exciting new program and would urge other young innovators in the industry to get involved!”
Alan Stabile, Product Engineer – Minerals, Thermo Fisher Scientific (Mentee)
WHY BECOME A MENTOR?
- This is your opportunity to give back to your industry. You will have advanced in your career with the support of others, and Austmine’s program will allow you to now give back in kind. Shaping the next generation of innovators will be another achievement you can proud of.
Gain access to exciting minds with fresh perspectives, from a different company background to your own. Whilst participants are predominantly there to learn from you, you may learn a thing or two along the way also!
Individual recognition as a leader for innovation within mining and METS. Whether it is a passion for the big picture, strategic, technical or operational innovation, our chosen mentors will be promoted nationally and endorsed by Austmine as true supporters of innovation.
Your chance to become part of an innovation community, learning and collaborating together across Australia within the mining and METS sectors
Our Program Sponsor: