Austmine Women in STEM: METS Career Pathway Program
Round 2 - NOW OPEN
Members Applications Close 31 July 2018 | Student Applications Open 1 August 2018
Austmine is currently recruiting member businesses to host a female STEM student in 2018.
Austmine is delighted to announce our second round of the Women in STEM: METS Career Pathway Program, supported by funding from METS Ignited, is now open.
Click image to view video
This program aims at raising awareness of METS and the career opportunities provided by our sector, across women studying STEM subjects at universities.
The program includes:
- Industry information evenings, where women from the METS industry will be invited to speak before the students on their experiences of working in the sector. Host businesses are invited to attend and meet the next generation of employees.
- An application and interview process for students who wish to apply for the internship opportunities available in the participating METS companies.
- A series of webinars featuring industry speakers to provide coaching for the successful students on starting a career in the METS sector.
- A 10 - 12 week paid internship at a participating METS company, from November – February to be determined between the businesses and students.
- Post program report based on a survey of all students and companies involved in the program.
- Opportunity for your business branding to be associated with boosting diversity in the METS sector and introducing the METS sector to university students.
Businesses have until July 2018 to submit their applications to be part of the program, but to ensure you receive maximum exposure, submit your application before 31 May 2018.
For further information or to submit your application, please contact Alison McGuigan, Project Coordinator - Women in STEM, firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9357 4660.
"Based on feedback received during Elisa's time at SNC-Lavalin, she really enjoyed the experience, and the same can also be said for all SNC-Lavalin employees that interacted with Elisa. Definitely a worthwhile initiative that I look forward to repeating this year".
Andrew Curtis, General Manager, SNC-Lavalin
Austmine is delighted to announce our second round of the Women in STEM: METS Career Pathway Program, supported by funding from METS Ignited, will open for students in August.
Austmine will host a series of information sessions to students at participating universities (see below for Participating Universities).
Confirmed University Events:
- Federation University - 1 August 2018 from 12.30pm to 1.30om - Churchill Campus
- University of Newcastle - 2 August 2018 from 12.00pm to 1.00pm - NIER Building
- UNSW - 15 August 2018 from 5.00pm to 6.00pm - Location to be advised
Student Resources and documents:
Also checkout the documents linked above for Company Resources, as this includes information from the 2017 round for example "a day in the life on an intern".
2018 Participating Companies: