Austmine Women in STEM: METS Career Pathway Program
Austmine is delighted to announce our latest initiative, the Women in STEM: METS Career Pathway Program. Supported by funding from METS Ignited, this program aims at raising awareness of METS and the career opportunities provided by our sector, across women studying STEM subjects at universities.
Kicking off in July 2017, this will be a two year program, each year welcoming a new group of students and METS companies to participate. Each year, the program will include:
- Industry information evenings, where women from the METS industry will be invited to speak before the students on their experiences of working in the sector.
- An application and interview process for students who wish to apply for the internship opportunities available in the participating METS companies.
- A series of webinars featuring industry speakers to provide coaching for the successful students on starting a career in the METS sector.
- A 10 week paid internship placement at a participating METS company, from December – February.
- A survey of all students and companies involved in the program, resulting in case studies and a report produced on the impact of the program.