International Mining Missions
Austmine's missions take Australian METS companies to prospective overseas mining markets for a week of site visits, meetings, networking events and briefings with leading mining companies, local suppliers, associations and government bodies.
Our missions are designed to give participants a deep understanding of the local mining market, procurement practices and project opportunities and aim to assist Australian METS in positioning their business as a potential supplier to mining operations around the globe. Austmine puts together a program to ensure the right meetings take place and that your company is introduced to a range of decision makers who are interested in potentially buying your products and services, ranging from senior level executives to technical personnel on site. Austmine often partners with Austrade, state governments and local associations in organising missions.
Why participate in an Austmine mission?
- Exclusive site visits to build knowledge and gain insights from technical personnel on mining projects around the world
- Present your capabilities to senior management and executives of local and multi-national mining companies
- Gather information from local experts on mining operations, market conditions and export strategies
- An unparalleled opportunity to build numerous connections in key markets through networking events
- Form relationships and build partnerships with fellow mission attendees, local METS, government agencies and relevant associations
Australian METS are encouraged to participate in International Mining Missions if they are:
- Seeking to break into a key export market
- Looking to grow their business in a foreign country further
- Undertaking initial market reconnaissance and want to learn about the local mining sector
- Experienced exporters who are aiming to build new connections and expand their presence
- Successful Australian businesses who have a local office and would like to send their in-market representative
Missions are generally comprised of a maximum of 12 attendees and have a busy agenda that runs from early on Monday to late Friday afternoon. Registration fees for Austmine members usually range between $2,500 - $4,000 + GST and cover costs of venue hire, catering for networking functions, ground transportation, Austrade and local partner fees and other direct expenses. The mission fee does not include international or domestic flights, accommodation and meals, travel insurance or VISA fees, if required.
Mission Terms and Conditions
What members say...
The Austmine Chilean Mission, that FloLevel Technologies joined in 2016, created major opportunities for our specialized process instrumentation to the worlds largest Copper producers. Typically the time to achieve this acceptance, from the clients, could be in years of developing relationships, but the Austmine mission was highly respected by the Chilean Mining Companies and therefore, relationship development between supplier and customer was expedited much faster.
Rob Sterling, Managing Director, Flo-Level Technologies
I wasn’t sure what to expect with the Austmine Mission in Arizona in 2019 as it was my first one to attend. But I was thoroughly impressed with the mining and engineering clientele I was able to meet and interact with, along with learning about the products and services from other Austmine members that I had no idea existed. I would highly recommend checking it out!
Ron Zachau, Manager - USA, Worldpoly